All Things Religion Thread

Balance's picture
Balance started the topic in Sunday, 29 Mar 2020 at 2:13pm

Here you go optimist

Not sure my motivation...my instinctive need to stick up for the underdog...my secret desire to be one day honoured rightfully with the role of Forum moderator (expecting a call any day)...

But anyway I couldn't help but read your troubles on another thread...unfortunately I found myself siding with everyone's posts...other than your own...except for the part where you were told you can't post here!

So I put my low IQ mind to coming up with a solution that suits all...and here it is...a safe place if you like

You can post anything you like about your beliefs...and no one has to read it unless they want! Easy peasy...

maybe you could even get Jesus, fat Buddha, Mohammed, and friends to converse in adult conversation here

Solving the world problems, one at a time...call it taking a shovel as a way of moving that mountain

All the best...brother

PS...I actually was born again once, but I grew up, and grew a brain of my own...and realised it was all a load of shit!

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Saturday, 27 Jan 2024 at 8:15pm

I don't like Dali but I am blown away by another who did the same sort of stuff , hundreds of years before him .

Hieronymus Bosch .

He inspired other important artists 2 , like Picasso .

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Sunday, 28 Jan 2024 at 7:05am

I had a fellow deliver some gear the other day and in conversation he was trying to convince me the world was actually flat. Yes he was a flat earther.
While fascinated by his complete ignorance, I started thinking that people who don’t believe that there is design and creation in this day and age of DNA awareness etc etc are pretty close to this guy.
This was written around 2650 years ago…..
“ It is He that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers, who stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in”….Isaiah 40:22.

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Sunday, 28 Jan 2024 at 7:27am

Sounds like he brought the good gear @Optimist.

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Sunday, 28 Jan 2024 at 8:58am
Optimist wrote:

I had a fellow deliver some gear the other day and in conversation he was trying to convince me the world was actually flat. Yes he was a flat earther.
While fascinated by his complete ignorance, I started thinking that people who don’t believe that there is design and creation in this day and age of DNA awareness etc etc are pretty close to this guy.
This was written around 2650 years ago…..
“ It is He that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers, who stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in”….Isaiah 40:22.

Optimist. Hi mate. Hope you’re well.

Was that fabric abode from the recent Anaconda Boxing Day Mega Sale ?

Just a bit of fun.AW

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Sunday, 28 Jan 2024 at 9:03am

Optimist. Hi mate, hope you’re well.

Was that fabric abode from the recent Anaconda Boxing Day Mega Sale ?

Just a bit of fun. AW

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Sunday, 4 Feb 2024 at 6:43am

Season 4 of the Chosen starting soon. Recommend watching seasons 1,2,3 if you haven't already.
They are free on the angel studios app or watch on Netflix. Whether your interested spiritually or just historically its an excellent series done well by a great bunch of young people.
If your reading this Brutus, peace to you my brother.....Enjoy.

seaslug's picture
seaslug's picture
seaslug Sunday, 4 Feb 2024 at 11:16am

Earth series on ABC is great

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 4 Feb 2024 at 12:26pm
seaslug wrote:

Earth series on ABC is great

Science before fantasy
There is no greater religion than truth

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Sunday, 4 Feb 2024 at 12:48pm

Good on the ABC for showing this series .

I watched a program to remind me about Galileo Galilei .

He PROVED ( with his 30 times telescope ) the Truth about Earth orbiting the Sun .

The Catholic Church ( Roman Inquisition ) made him sign a Confession , aged 70ish , admitting he had been a heretic , his whole life .

Broke his heart .

The truth always is trying to be found out , if we look with an open mind .

His father was also a Maths wiz and invented a NEW form/style of music .

The Music Establishment told him it was WRONG and 2 stop .

Lead to Rick and Roll .

Both hated dogmatic establishment , with a Passion !

Both still believed in God .

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Sunday, 4 Feb 2024 at 12:52pm

… aaah yes the chosen ;)
- god warriors of peace, beacons of rational thought haha

;);)

https://m.

seaslug's picture
seaslug's picture
seaslug Sunday, 4 Feb 2024 at 3:58pm
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Monday, 5 Feb 2024 at 10:27pm

From previous page… this flopti gem :

- “ When I read the ignorant garbage that gets dumped on this thread and when I look around the globe at what’s happening politically and environmentally, I realise that as a civilisation we are practically finished.
The players are all on the board and the game is about to get even more ugly.
Ai is yet to be introduced into the game fully as well.
Our only hope is in Christ Himself, on our own ….we are done.”

^^^ haha faaark ;)
- doesn’t sound too optimistic

…kinda narrowed the options right down ;);)

At least when you ‘look around the globe’ through the lens of a peanut brain, bible prophecy makes perfect sense haha

- check this out flopti turd, not a single word of ignorant garbage ;);)

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Monday, 5 Feb 2024 at 10:30pm

…plenty of options ;)

san Guine's picture
san Guine's picture
san Guine Wednesday, 7 Feb 2024 at 6:59pm

“Events bearing upon the inestimable sanctity of life and its intersection with faith beliefs tend to give rise to some of the most palpable forensic debates and challenging legal decisions,”
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2024/feb/07/teen-cancer-cure-...

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Sunday, 11 Feb 2024 at 7:06am

Won’t you look down upon me Jesus
you’ve got to help me make a stand
You’ve just got to see me through another day
My body’s aching and my time is at hand
And I won’t make it any other way
…………….. James Taylor.

DAW's picture
DAW's picture
DAW Sunday, 11 Feb 2024 at 2:18pm

"Save me Jeebus"
..........Homer Simpson

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Sunday, 11 Feb 2024 at 8:22pm

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Monday, 12 Feb 2024 at 10:40am

Here you go opti, from the man

Thomo6's picture
Thomo6's picture
Thomo6 Thursday, 15 Feb 2024 at 12:25pm

Got sick of getting regular letters in my letter box from the Jehovah's Witnesses. I noticed they had their postal address on the back. Thought two can play at this game.

The Satanic Temple has some really good information on their website that can be printed in a brochure format.
Also found some interesting articles about sexual abuse by JW leaders from online Newspapers.

For every letter they send me, I send four back. Seems to have stopped them.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Sunday, 18 Feb 2024 at 6:26am

From the word for today……The Breaking Process.
Brokenness is the process by which God strips us of pride and self sufficiency so that the character of Christ can shine through.
Brokenness doesn’t necessarily mean experiencing some tragedy.
Many people suffer tragedy without drawing closer to God.
The issue in brokenness is not so much your circumstances but your response.
What’s God trying to teach you?
Brokenness is when God strips you of self sufficiency to the extent that you have no strength left to fix yourself.
When He blocks every exit you try to take, and you come to see He alone is the answer, you make a life changing discovery.
What’s that?…when God is all you have, God is all you need..!
The truth is that Gods power is reserved for those who have given up trying to do it in their own strength or accomplish it for their ends.
So, if you want to experience a new level of Gods grace and power in your life, you must be willing to die to self interest, ego and independence.
For a plant to rise from the soil, the seed must be broken.
For a baby chick to experience life, the shell must be broken.
For a thoroughbred horse to win, it must broken in and harnessed.
After a breaking encounter with Christ on the Damascus road, Paul prayed,….
‘ Lord, what do you want me to do?’……Acts 9:6.
Are you in the breaking process today?
Here are your options:…..1) resist…2) run….3)…respond and say, “Yes Lord.”

Sprout's picture
Sprout's picture
Sprout Sunday, 18 Feb 2024 at 8:25am

Sounds like your god needs a DVO.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Sunday, 18 Feb 2024 at 9:03am

;)

ashsam's picture
ashsam's picture
ashsam Sunday, 18 Feb 2024 at 9:56am
Sprout wrote:

Sounds like your god needs a DVO.

he got you to read it

suchas's picture
suchas's picture
suchas Sunday, 18 Feb 2024 at 2:07pm

Caio thanked god for the barrels he got today. Palestine peoples- not so much.

suchas's picture
suchas's picture
suchas Monday, 19 Feb 2024 at 8:50am

And on the 7th day(hawaiian time), god had a day off- so Caio misses out

frog's picture
frog's picture
frog Monday, 19 Feb 2024 at 9:40am

A modern hymn...

"And on the second day, there was nothing else left to do
Ooh what a day that was."

"And if you feel like you're in a whirlpool
You feel like going home
You feel like talking to someone
Who know the difference between right and wrong"

A rarer commodity these days, in a post logic, "progressive", spin dominated and mammon worshipping world.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Sunday, 25 Feb 2024 at 4:23am

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord”, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, to give you a hope and a future.
Then you will call on me and come pray to me and I will listen to you.
You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart….
Jeremiah 29…11-13….NIV.

gsco mkII's picture
gsco mkII's picture
gsco mkII Sunday, 25 Feb 2024 at 7:01am

nice passage

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Sunday, 25 Feb 2024 at 8:11am

Is that from star wars?

Sprout's picture
Sprout's picture
Sprout Sunday, 25 Feb 2024 at 9:00am
burleigh wrote:

Is that from star wars?

Hahaha I'm stealing that.

mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207 Sunday, 25 Feb 2024 at 10:51am
burleigh wrote:

Is that from star wars?

It may as well be .

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Sunday, 25 Feb 2024 at 11:21am

Star War was , perhaps , a bit like The Bible ( have not read it ) .

Good versus Evil Stuff .

There are Forces working all around us , for and against and 2 be dealt with , all the time .

Love and hate .

Joy and sadness .

Envy and generosity .

Beginnings and endings .

Letting go and holding on 2 what's dear .

Clarity and confusion .

Power .

Good stuff for a Movie or a Book :)

Life and Death .

It's a Never Ending Story !

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Sunday, 25 Feb 2024 at 12:58pm

?si=1l6LRykQeyKIGi7B

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Sunday, 3 Mar 2024 at 5:52am

Who is Jesus? ....Colossians Chapter 1. explains..
.(notes by opti.)

15 He is the visible image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
(note ...Born not created)
16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth,
visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers.
(note...some of these are temporary some permanent eg ..temp dark forces chosen by free man)
16 b ..All things were created through Him and for Him.
17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.
(Note ..this word consist is translated "holds everything together") a bit like an atomic cake mix.
18 And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the pre-eminence.

footnote...We see Paul explaining here that Jesus Christ is not only your creator, but the creator of all things seen and unseen...

His great love for us is seen in His visit, His human life, death and resurrection so that all who would like to follow Him and be with Him can.
We as "loose units" can steadily overcome our darkness by looking up, asking for forgiveness and also most importantly , forgive everyone else no matter how hard that is.
....its a process and forgiving some can be tough but that is "the way" that Christ requires.
A clean slate with forgiveness all round between God and man ...and man and man is the only formula for a future of earthly and heavenly peace we all crave.
Learn the Lords prayer...it pretty much covers it.
Peace to you.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Thursday, 7 Mar 2024 at 12:29pm

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 7 Mar 2024 at 2:29pm

Both harnessed their inner spirituality

frog's picture
frog's picture
frog Thursday, 7 Mar 2024 at 2:43pm

As old religion fades
New ones emerge dressed in "progressive" virtue signalling garb that are quite creepy once you look closely:

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Friday, 8 Mar 2024 at 5:39am

Search me, God, and know my heart…test me and know my anxious thoughts…
See if there is any offensive way in me ….and lead me in the way…everlasting..

King David…..psalm 139.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 8 Mar 2024 at 11:25am
Optimist wrote:

King David…..psalm 139.

But please god, please don’t search my internet history.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Friday, 8 Mar 2024 at 4:06pm
Optimist wrote:

King David…..psalm 139.

Where do I start?

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Sunday, 10 Mar 2024 at 5:32am

Something Meaty to chew on....
1 Corinthians ....words by St Paul. KJV.

18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumbling block, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

Footnote..Optimist...Every day, we see great tech breakthroughs, leaders spouting wonderful ideas and big plans, digital controlled money...people in their own wisdom changing what has been natural and foundational for generations...and yet...chaos, confusion, hopelessness, even for children who used to be assured and certain of a future....
...world leaders can't even house people while the wheels of war get constantly greased......
...and what is all this defence for?...so people won't end up homeless, or in in chaos, confusion and hopelessness?..or in the U.S....shot by an enemy's gun?.....
In Gods eyes, our wisdom is foolishness....and the simplicity of the Gospels "Good News" message is easy...Love God,... Love people...Take on Jesus....put down your guns...put away personal hate....build homes and plant trees....let children grow and live without confusion....Marry and have more as man and wife naturally.......live the simple life God designed in harmony with Him and His son.....and above all...ENJOY!

suchas's picture
suchas's picture
suchas Sunday, 10 Mar 2024 at 7:24am

26. O LORD, bless this Thy hand grenade that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy." And the LORD did grin and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats and large chu...

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 10 Mar 2024 at 8:53am

Ramadan starts tomorrow.

So basically for a whole month practicing muslims dont eat or drink between Sunrise and Sunset.

Perfect time for Israel to hammer Hamas as hard as they can hopefully many fighters are practising it and will be weak and fatigued.

BTW. Im highly critical of Islam but had a big feed with Indo friends last night cause some will fast, no different to me being a non believer of Christianity but also celebrating Christmas.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 10 Mar 2024 at 11:20am
indo-dreaming wrote:

Ramadan starts tomorrow.

So basically for a whole month practicing muslims dont eat or drink between Sunrise and Sunset.

Perfect time for Israel to hammer Hamas as hard as they can hopefully many fighters are practising it and will be weak and fatigued.

BTW. Im highly critical of Islam but had a big feed with Indo friends last night cause some will fast, no different to me being a non believer of Christianity but also celebrating Christmas.

Speechless

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 10 Mar 2024 at 11:42am

@indo , I’m interested in how you celebrate christmas .

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Sunday, 10 Mar 2024 at 12:02pm

Supafreak . That would be with a white hood pulled over his head with only cut outs for the eyes and mouth .

Where have I seen that before?

This guy is just a professional antagonist, nothing more, he gets his rocks off as the topic gains commentary momentum, sick.AW

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Sunday, 10 Mar 2024 at 1:07pm
indo-dreaming wrote:

Ramadan starts tomorrow.

Ahhh perfect, you can have a rest from pulling yourself rotten over the Voice referendum vote and get into it over Ramadan tiring out Hamas. Lovely

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Sunday, 10 Mar 2024 at 2:10pm

What a vile tool.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 10 Mar 2024 at 2:45pm
Supafreak wrote:

@indo , I’m interested in how you celebrate christmas .

Probably no different to you and most Aussies, not in an overly religious way, some pagan rituals mostly for the kids, santa, presents, a good feed, still a Christian based celebration though for Jesus a dude born in Israel 600 years before Muhammad who was born in Mecca Saudi Arabia

Most of my muslim friend's are similar very moderate they wont fast muslim by name only just like me cultural a Christian and the big event for them will be Eid al-Fitr at the end of the month when breaking the fast with pretty much no focus on religion, it's all about food, family and friends, many also celebrate Christmas even put a tree up for the kids.

BTW. how's the typical triggered fuck witts like Guy, Goofy & AW, bag the fuck out of Christianity but diss Islam and they get their hair all up, double standards, and how dare anyone suggest the IDF hit Hamas when they are weak.