The United States(!) of A

factotum's picture
factotum started the topic in Thursday, 27 Aug 2020 at 11:12am

Septic Tanks are going to Septic Tank

frog's picture
frog's picture
frog Saturday, 27 Jan 2024 at 6:43am

It is often far from your usual refugee mix of males and females and families keen to wait tables and work in aged care it seems - "a multi division army of young single adult males from hostile nations and regions whose background, intent, or allegiance is completely unknown".

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/country-has-been-invaded-ex-fbi-bras...

Ten retired FBI officials and experts in counterintelligence sent a letter to Congressional leaders warning that the Biden administration's policies have facilitated a "soft invasion" of military-age men into the United States from terror-linked areas of the world.

"The threat we call out today is new and unfamiliar. In its modern history the U.S. has never suffered an invasion of the homeland, and, yet, one is unfolding now," the letter reads.

"Military age men from across the globe, many from countries or regions not friendly to the United States, are landing in waves on our soil by the thousands – not by splashing ashore from a ship or parachuting from a plane bur rather by foot across a border that has been accurately advertised around the world as largely unprotected with ready access granted."

"It would be difficult to overstate the danger represented by the presence inside our borders of what is comparatively a multi division army of young single adult males from hostile nations and regions whose background, intent, or allegiance is completely unknown. They include individuals encountered by border officials and then possibly released into the country, along with the shockingly high estimate of 'gotaways,' meaning those who have entered and evaded apprehension," the letter continues."

Sweden has found that an immigrant mix hugely skewed towards young males who stick to their cultural groups has led to gang formation on a large scale.

No control = unknowable outcomes. It is an abdication of the duty of care for the country by the government.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Saturday, 27 Jan 2024 at 8:28am

Yes it seems that Texas Gov Abbott declared an invasion and Texas' right to defend itself, brought up the national guard, continued installing the fence on the border, in spite of the supreme court ruling.

iirc Texas is the one state that can leave the union if it wants to, not that they've said anything to that extent.

I understand the demographers in the gov departments all want 20-30 age immigrants to keep the population pyramids from getting the wrong shape, and to continue economic growth as these people consume the most (when they are not sending $ home to family), but it seems the US has no idea what it's bringing in. Wonder if they want to do a merger with Mexico at any time (industrially, they will want to - get the transport corridors down to the labour in Mexico city, and replace Chinese manufacturing).

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Saturday, 27 Jan 2024 at 9:27am

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Saturday, 27 Jan 2024 at 9:38am

VJ

It's not just Texas , this is "BIGGER than Texas"{ :) !

A lot of States have a different view to Washington on the definition of a secure boarder .

This is one of the main reasons why the US will split into 3 countries with 10 years imho .

Trudeau's Truckers and their US mates are driving to the boarder now , horns honking.

This will help Trump win the election in a Land Side ( 60%) , IF , he gets to run .

Immigration is changing governments all over that place atm .

Also expecting the WEF / Davos crowd to pivot on this issue .

They invited Melei to their pow wow to tell them to change !

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Saturday, 27 Jan 2024 at 11:16am

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Saturday, 27 Jan 2024 at 12:04pm

Have read a bit further, including the former FBI leaders' letter: that's quite a group of senior people saying it is a threat to the US.

Here's the letter of Republican governors in support:

https://www.rga.org/republican-governors-ban-together-issue-joint-statem...

One really interesting thing I picked up from the signatories, is that if you take a look at this map:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Civil_War#/media/File:US_Secessio...

And add most of the grey states to the red states in the south, you're seeing a reasonable correlation to something that has happened before.

Pops - I don't know if the US will break into 2 or 3, this would be a dream come true for their geopolitical competitors. If they did, two points: which side gets the bulk of the Navy and Marines, Air Force and Army? And, if it is likely to split and there are no USN or Marines patrolling the globe, we must take Australia's defence spending from around 2% of GDP to around 10% pronto if we want to survive as the democratic country we are. Failing that, we could let the post-US side we most like 'park' a good deal of these assets here for a while.

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Saturday, 27 Jan 2024 at 12:24pm

VJ

Every country needs to have its OWN military .

They will start by dividing what they have into 3 .

Starting with nukes .

They will be a Block , like NATO imho .

Not to be stuffed around as will still be producing the latest weaponry .

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Saturday, 27 Jan 2024 at 2:07pm

A split USA is a big positive for the world imho .

The country is already split politically .

Lots of people are moving out of New York had heading South , and not for the weather .

There will be three , the South , North and the North West , very powerful countries ( all with Nukes and Aircraft Carriers ) .

That is better than 1 , for a start .

A million people a year are still attracted to America and it will still be the Financial Centre of the World .

The 3 countries will share most military priorities .

Their Military's already know how to work together .

They will differ significantly on MOST other issues .

Even some International issues , like Russia and Ukraine .

Hopefully , great for Australia .

We can make treaties with either country or with them as a Block .

Economically , I think it will be incredible for the South !

The South will become the new Powerhouse of the World .

Fantastic imo .

Who will lead the world , China or The SOUTH of the USA in 20 years ?

An easy answer for me , South .

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Saturday, 27 Jan 2024 at 2:28pm

Agree that if there is one bit that will rise, it will be the South, centred on Texas. The middle 'flyover' will happily join it, if things come to splitting up time.

I think Biden has now given Abbott an ultimatum to let federal agents in to cut the wire again.

flollo's picture
flollo's picture
flollo Saturday, 27 Jan 2024 at 4:53pm

Situation is out of control. I’m in California now and it’s hard to understand what I’m seeing. LA is an absolute mess with failing infrastructure, crime and insane levels of homelessness. You don’t need to go to skid row to see rubbish, tents…They are everywhere. Venice is a shithole, smells like drugs everywhere, dirty, unsafe. I saw some people surfing but there is no way I would go in the water there. And I would never walk with bare feet on that beach. Santa Monica is not much better.

Hollywood, however, is nicer and cleaner. But all the houses have armed response signage. Surely all the residents are big proponents of anti gun laws but it’s only because they can afford to outsource the shooting to their contractors.

Downtown, oh my god. Apocalypse and a 3rd world country at the best of times. Half of shops are closed. The ones that are open all have armed security guards out the front. Or a few shops share them. These guys must have the hardest job in the world. They need to keep moving people on otherwise the shops will end up with drug infested tent slum out the front. I spoke to one of them, I was walking in Real Madrid shirt and he stopped me to have a soccer chat. A great guy but tough job. I felt for him.

I went to some markets to eat tacos. Awesome tacos, 5 stars on that. And then I went for a walk. Dear lord. Both hands in the pockets the whole time, one on the phone and other on the wallet. Shops are: pawn shop, payday advance, adult + weed and smoking, jewellery and some odd food here and there. And like that in circles. Nothing’s being built, not a single crane in the sky. There is zero effort to fix anything.

On the other hand, San Diego area is awesome. Beautiful sunny day today with great vibes. Much cleaner and better organised. But expensive. Like ridiculously expensive, probably 30% more than Aus. I checked some house prices and nearly fell off the chair. Restaurant prices nominally look same or more to Aus but in USD. And then they add tipping and tax to the bill. After my last European trip and this one in California I came to the conclusion that Australia is cheap (for what it is). Comparing average prices makes zero sense. Average in California could be better than what I’m seeing but that’s only because the bottom 50-60% is so messed up that normal person from Aus would never live there. If you want clean, safe and civilised like Aus you will pay through the nose.

On uncontrolled migration; there’s this perception that the country needs low skilled labour. And maybe that’s somewhat true. But I honestly think that a lot of these migrants will end up with no work, living in poverty under bridges (if there’s any space left which is doubtful). And it’s all good until they pitch a tent in front of your house. Or the local bus station. And there is nothing you can do about it. I think these southern states (and people living there) are more keen to take the matters in their own hands. And this probably scares the poor migrants who are scared of getting hurt. So they run to LA, SF etc which makes the problem unsolvable over there. And like that in circles. What a mess.

Anyway, I could keep going forever but that’s enough for now. It was kind of a brain dump from the last few days.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Saturday, 27 Jan 2024 at 5:33pm

Thanks Flollo.

San Fran doc, 1 year old:

Happier times: Steve Martin on LA crime:

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Saturday, 27 Jan 2024 at 6:05pm

The Roman Empire's collapse was helped by an Immigration Policy imho .

Maximus was convinced , allowing a group of people to migrate into the Roman Empire ,n would increase State Tax's and was the right humanitarian thing to do ( sounds familiar ) .

Aurelian then tried to slam shut the boarder , but it was too late .

The Goths were being hounded and massacred by the Huns .

Hundreds and Thousands moved to Rome and were welcomed ( had been enemies and became enemies again ) .

Arguably , a major contributor too the Fall of Rome .

They turned on Rome .

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Saturday, 27 Jan 2024 at 6:27pm

What has been, returns again and again.

Islamic conquest of Spain has similar stories of opening the gates.

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Saturday, 27 Jan 2024 at 6:32pm

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Saturday, 27 Jan 2024 at 7:05pm

The woman on the right also reminds me of that rude girlfriend I tried to reason with .

She was able 2 cause trouble imo .

I listened to Kristen's Goth program on PBS 106.7fm this week and got through most of it .
I wear black 2 .

Today's Goths are very cool , but I am not 1 of them and are not cool .

Surf down somewhere looks ok atm .

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Saturday, 27 Jan 2024 at 7:14pm
Pop Down wrote:

Maximus was convinced , allowing a group of people to migrate into the Roman Empire ,n would increase State Tax's and was the right humanitarian thing to do ( sounds familiar ) .

Hundreds and Thousands moved to Rome and were welcomed ( had been enemies and became enemies again ) .

They turned on Rome .

Hi Pop,
The Roman Empire was overstretched as hell!! They had used Goths, etc to establish and control the East Roman Empire, promising land etc, and not paying up. Then when the Rhine River froze over for a few years around 406 CE, those in East Europe, just trickled across in whole villages to escape cold-caused famine, Huns, etc.

Aleric and the Goths just wandered into Rome and took it over with no struggle, the main Roman defense efforts were off defending the Northern English border among other places.

Love this history.. Goths, Vandals, Burgundians, Franks, all headed west - The Migration Period of Late Antiquity.. (used to be called the dark ages).. Celts had long before headed even further North, continued taking their Italian red mountain hair, via Brittany, to the North Sea Passage, Scot. Ireland etc.

Those Eastern Euros settled Spain etc, so in fact are the ancestors of Spanish colonies, places like Mexico. One of the most interesting periods in history, post-Roman control, pre-Monotheism border structures..

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Saturday, 27 Jan 2024 at 7:44pm

Hey 6

U are so right haha , again .

The whole Migration of Humans , IS the most interesting part of World History , arguably haha , again .

For a species that's been around about 300k years , we have covered more miles ( arguably ) AND settled in more places ( climates ) than ANY species before US .

I am amazed that birds choose live in Sweden , It's 2 cold .

It causes heaps of problems , as we know , but it is what humans do imho .

Arguably , Wilder's will go Aurelian ( and may slow flow of the tide ) .

My reading says that in 238AD Maximus ( due to weaken boarders ) paid a big Tribute to the Goths .

To bide time .

In the next decade 100's of thousands poured into the Roman Empire .

Maximus was removed due to the so called Goth Invasion .

Next guy failed 2 and the Aurelian had a real crack and stemmed the tide .

As U said , the Roman Empire was going 2 Fall anyway , they all do , eventually .

Ok , I nothing about religion haha .

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Saturday, 27 Jan 2024 at 7:39pm

haha, yep, @Pop, world used to be a pretty cold place till 10, 000 years ago, when we lost a lot of coastal land, and people became very separated.. some mammals do it on purpose, chasing cold, the evolutionary reason whales moved from land to shallows, and fattened up to such a large size, was to get beyond the reach of the cold-blooded apex nasties that lived in warmer water.
I've chucked a little Jesus clip into the Religion thread, that is worth a watch..

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 27 Jan 2024 at 7:51pm
flollo wrote:

Situation is out of control. I’m in California now and it’s hard to understand what I’m seeing. LA is an absolute mess with failing infrastructure, crime and insane levels of homelessness. You don’t need to go to skid row to see rubbish, tents…They are everywhere. Venice is a shithole, smells like drugs everywhere, dirty, unsafe. I saw some people surfing but there is no way I would go in the water there. And I would never walk with bare feet on that beach. Santa Monica is not much better.

Hollywood, however, is nicer and cleaner. But all the houses have armed response signage. Surely all the residents are big proponents of anti gun laws but it’s only because they can afford to outsource the shooting to their contractors.

Downtown, oh my god. Apocalypse and a 3rd world country at the best of times. Half of shops are closed. The ones that are open all have armed security guards out the front. Or a few shops share them. These guys must have the hardest job in the world. They need to keep moving people on otherwise the shops will end up with drug infested tent slum out the front. I spoke to one of them, I was walking in Real Madrid shirt and he stopped me to have a soccer chat. A great guy but tough job. I felt for him.

I went to some markets to eat tacos. Awesome tacos, 5 stars on that. And then I went for a walk. Dear lord. Both hands in the pockets the whole time, one on the phone and other on the wallet. Shops are: pawn shop, payday advance, adult + weed and smoking, jewellery and some odd food here and there. And like that in circles. Nothing’s being built, not a single crane in the sky. There is zero effort to fix anything.

On the other hand, San Diego area is awesome. Beautiful sunny day today with great vibes. Much cleaner and better organised. But expensive. Like ridiculously expensive, probably 30% more than Aus. I checked some house prices and nearly fell off the chair. Restaurant prices nominally look same or more to Aus but in USD. And then they add tipping and tax to the bill. After my last European trip and this one in California I came to the conclusion that Australia is cheap (for what it is). Comparing average prices makes zero sense. Average in California could be better than what I’m seeing but that’s only because the bottom 50-60% is so messed up that normal person from Aus would never live there. If you want clean, safe and civilised like Aus you will pay through the nose.

On uncontrolled migration; there’s this perception that the country needs low skilled labour. And maybe that’s somewhat true. But I honestly think that a lot of these migrants will end up with no work, living in poverty under bridges (if there’s any space left which is doubtful). And it’s all good until they pitch a tent in front of your house. Or the local bus station. And there is nothing you can do about it. I think these southern states (and people living there) are more keen to take the matters in their own hands. And this probably scares the poor migrants who are scared of getting hurt. So they run to LA, SF etc which makes the problem unsolvable over there. And like that in circles. What a mess.

Anyway, I could keep going forever but that’s enough for now. It was kind of a brain dump from the last few days.

Always good to hear first hand account's what you describe is exactly as what this guys videos always show in those areas https://www.youtube.com/@germaninvenice

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Saturday, 27 Jan 2024 at 8:00pm
basesix wrote:
Pop Down wrote:

They turned on Rome .

Hi Pop,
The Roman Empire was overstretched as hell!! They had used Goths, etc to establish and control the East Roman Empire, promising land etc, and not paying up. Then when the Rhine River froze over for a few years around 406 CE, those in East Europe, just trickled across in whole villages to escape cold-caused famine, Huns, etc.

Aleric and the Goths just wandered into Rome and took it over with no struggle, the main Roman defense efforts were off defending the Northern English border among other places.

Love this history.. Goths, Vandals, Burgundians, Franks, all headed west - The Migration Period of Late Antiquity.. (used to be called the dark ages).. Celts had long before headed even further North, continued taking their Italian red mountain hair, via Brittany, to the North Sea Passage, Scot. Ireland etc.

Those Eastern Euros settled Spain etc, so in fact are the ancestors of Spanish colonies, places like Mexico. One of the most interesting periods in history, post-Roman control, pre-Monotheism border structures..

Excellent basesix! Always thought the late Roman population flux was why there's a 'Saxony' and northern Italians often have blue eyes...

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Saturday, 27 Jan 2024 at 8:27pm

a walk around San Fran counting extinct restaurants:

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Sunday, 28 Jan 2024 at 12:40am

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Sunday, 28 Jan 2024 at 12:44am

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Sunday, 28 Jan 2024 at 7:53am
flollo wrote:

Wow, sounds heavy...
Not really California Dreaming ey.

flollo's picture
flollo's picture
flollo Tuesday, 30 Jan 2024 at 5:23pm

It’s gone to the next level

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 31 Jan 2024 at 10:12am

It’s going to be a real mud slinging match if these two end up as the candidates. I suppose it will be a shit fight no matter who ends up running.

seaslug's picture
seaslug's picture
seaslug Wednesday, 31 Jan 2024 at 10:47am

Spot on Bernie, Trump is going to romp it in, Michelle is the only one who can take him on

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 31 Jan 2024 at 11:04am

MAGA - Trump will win by miles. Can't wait

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Wednesday, 31 Jan 2024 at 11:37am

That the USA is allowing so many immigrants to just walk in is beyond me. It is the craziest thing.

Both Biden and Trump are well past their use by dates.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Wednesday, 31 Jan 2024 at 12:05pm
burleigh wrote:

MAGA - Trump will win by miles. Can't wait

What positive things do you think he’ll achieve?

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Wednesday, 31 Jan 2024 at 12:26pm

https://www.zerohedge.com/technology/there-taylor-swift-psyop

TaylorSwift as pentagon election influencing asset

Was going to link this up in the conspiracy theory thread, but here is just fine. It's going to be a totally nuts year in the US, and this is already nuttier than an almond orchard. Could be woo, could be true :)

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 31 Jan 2024 at 12:44pm
velocityjohnno wrote:

https://www.zerohedge.com/technology/there-taylor-swift-psyop

TaylorSwift as pentagon election influencing asset

Was going to link this up in the conspiracy theory thread, but here is just fine. It's going to be a totally nuts year in the US, and this is already nuttier than an almond orchard. Could be woo, could be true :)

@VJ , it sure is going to get nuttier by the day in the build up , how’s this one for a conspiracy theory ?

seaslug's picture
seaslug's picture
seaslug Wednesday, 31 Jan 2024 at 12:46pm

Taylor Swift for president

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 31 Jan 2024 at 12:49pm
AndyM][quote=burleigh wrote:

MAGA - Trump will win by miles. Can't wait[/quote
What positive things do you think he’ll achieve?

A win against all odds. That is the most positive thing that will come out of it. Inspire people around the world that no matter how hard people try and put you down, you can and will rise above it all.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Wednesday, 31 Jan 2024 at 1:22pm

Surely there must be certain policies or aims that he has that you agree with that make you want to see him win?
"Sticking it to the haters" seems a bit superficial.

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Wednesday, 31 Jan 2024 at 1:44pm

M Obama v Trump debate .

Trump opens and says " Can't wait to hear if U and Barrack have any new ideas ."

If U win MO , it will be an Obama 4th Term as President ( or acting President ) .

Then she is dead man walking and no better than Biden .

Trump is riding a Wave with people losing Trust , every day , of the US System .

IF he gets to run ( against anyone ) , he wins in a Landside of 59%+ .

Less than 6 times it has happened in US history .

He WILL have a mandate that will be ALMOST , possible to ignore .

Then , Trump goes for the BIG Swamp !!!

Now he knows who to trust and who to step on .

The Swamp Dwellers are SHITTING themselves and will try and stop him from running .

It's not Trump V Democrats .

It's Trump against the corruption of the Swamp .

He tells everyone 2 stop fighting .

Reckon he is the ONLY 1 they MIGHT listen 2 .

So much better than what the US has now , but not perfect .

The Democrats surely can't put Biden in the ring with Trump .

Just not a fair fight .

August is Rabbit out of a hat time .

ps Careful roady , re parent and daughter stuff , ok !

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Wednesday, 31 Jan 2024 at 1:32pm

An absolute pig of a human being and a rapist for president. Any good parent of girls would not be rejoicing in that.

Trump winning is not so clear cut.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 31 Jan 2024 at 1:42pm
Roadkill wrote:

An absolute pig of a human being and a rapist for president. Any good parent of girls would not be rejoicing in that.

Trump winning is not so clear cut.

Say what?

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 31 Jan 2024 at 1:48pm
AndyM wrote:

Surely there must be certain policies or aims that he has that you agree with that make you want to see him win?

Nah, "sticking it to the haters" pretty much nailed it.

You're good

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Wednesday, 31 Jan 2024 at 1:51pm

Will highlight I believe a comment above Re being a good parent of girls was Directed Straight at Me .

I want to NOTE this and let the writer KNOW I felt it a silly thing to do .

Moving on .

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 31 Jan 2024 at 2:02pm

Gonna be a challenge...a really fucking big challenge, for the party of small government to both abide by that ethos and serve the people with a working health system, same goes public education, dignified welfare, a robust regulatory system, and environmental safeguards.

By and large, the reason those institutions are failing is because they've been farmed out to the market, and regaining control goes against much of what the Republican Party stands for.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem." - Reagan's inaugural address

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Wednesday, 31 Jan 2024 at 2:08pm
Pop Down wrote:

Will highlight I believe a comment above Re being a good parent of girls was Directed Straight at Me .

I want to NOTE this and let the writer KNOW I felt it a silly thing to do .

Moving on .

Not aimed at you at all. I don’t think about you or anyone in particular when I posted that comment.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Wednesday, 31 Jan 2024 at 2:08pm
Supafreak wrote:

@VJ , it sure is going to get nuttier by the day in the build up , how’s this one for a conspiracy theory ?

Yep that one could be plausible too. I'm trying to stay away from this one, will just say this: on election night watch the dominion machines like a hawk (if there's a way to do this) and watch to see if any counting booths kick out their observers and try to close. I am sure Repubs would want to be putting observers everywhere, if they don't they are mad. If an observer, when kicked out, refuse to go and grow roots in the place. Can you ask for voter ID there? Or is it a total free for all now?

The other really sad thing is the entire world watches this, and what happens in the mid part of the decade everywhere will depend a bit on some truly crazy electioneering. I keep thinking of President Camacho...

I wanted a Trump win in 2016 as he had identified that government had abandoned the everyday people, the working and manufacturing people, over a very long period of time. He achieved a great 'wake up' of the West on manufacturing and defence, in his own way. Biden has run with Trump's foreign policy, intensifying it; and the US has begun re-industrialising, which will benefit many people there. I believe no matter who is elected this process will continue. I also hope for continuation in their military positioning, which might seem a really weird thing to hope for, but we're at a stage now where any US pulling back on the global world-continent will be filled by the Russia/Iran/China axis, bringing war to the West at a greater disadvantage later. If Trump pulls back on Ukraine, for example; Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania are next, as Russia follows it's Primakov doctrine (former USSR/Warsaw Pact boundary of Great European Plain achieves a much smaller border with NATO - except: Finland, ha! - and provides defence in-depth: if I were Russia I'd want this too).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primakov_doctrine

Rejoin of Moldova, then Romania, then probably willingly, Serbia. This is so much like the German expansion through the 1930s... All that said I have no beef with the Russian people, I find them to be intelligent, conscientious, really creative, funny and pretty cool characters when I've met them. Would love to go surf Kamchatka in a perfect world.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Wednesday, 31 Jan 2024 at 2:19pm
burleigh wrote:
AndyM wrote:

You're good

Seems like a nihilistic approach to politics.
It's funny, I thought the post-modernists on the Left were the nihilistic ones.
I'm clearly wrong. you're both cut from the same cloth.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 31 Jan 2024 at 2:23pm
AndyM wrote:
burleigh wrote:
AndyM wrote:

You're good

Seems like a nihilistic approach to politics.
It's funny, I thought the post-modernists on the Left were the nihilistic ones.
I'm clearly wrong. you're both cut from the same cloth.

I had to google "nihilistic"

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Wednesday, 31 Jan 2024 at 2:27pm

Thoughts?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 31 Jan 2024 at 3:18pm
flollo wrote:

It’s gone to the next level

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2A9nDnOm9D/?igsh=MnByeTdibmcweG84

that is brilliant

and funny

it would be really really funny if it wasn't so close to the sad truth...

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 31 Jan 2024 at 4:50pm
AndyM wrote:

Thoughts?

I still don’t understand

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Wednesday, 31 Jan 2024 at 5:14pm

Being President of the USA enables anyone to take on any issue with a new Lens .

The President chooses THEIR Team to be the Executive .

These appointments are usually the best and brightest from the PRIVATE sector .

This is specifically designed , to ensure FRESH eyes and minds , are given the RESPONSIBILITY , to ensure their Department fixes any problems . eg Health , Immigration etc

A NEW team loves fixing previous administrations F Up's ( and telling everyone about it ) .

Trump had NFI when he won the first time .

Didn't even expect to win and was totally unprepared .

His 4 year term was a nightmare , for Trump , everyone wanted to bring him down and fn sure tried hard .

The Covid response was the only MAJOR thing he stuffed up .

Not 2 bad for a politician imho .

If given a 2nd chance , Trump will be VERY prepared THIS time .

Trump now knows , who is IN the fn swamp ( both sides ) .

That is why the Swamp ( more an Ocean ) is so fn scared .

They are hiding SO much , and Trump knows ALL about it , this time .

I rate Bill Clinton a Good President when in office .

His treatment of woman , on occasions , was appalling 2 .

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Wednesday, 31 Jan 2024 at 5:14pm

If you don't care about Trump's views or policies as leader then there's really no morality or meaning to your support for him (other than seeing others lose).
This to me is the definition of nihilism.

It's a digression but the "progressive Left" and their embracing of postmodernism can also be seen as nihilistic so it's interesting.