Indo booze

Nick Bone's picture
Nick Bone started the topic in Friday, 12 Apr 2024 at 3:12pm

Are bintangs watered down or something? Or have a higher content of water than Aus beer? They claim 4.7% but surely not..

Just did a boat trip and you can smash the beer all day with barely any repercussions, but also doesn't really get that drunk either.

I also felt the bottle of rum and scotch didn't hit the same as home.

Thoughts?

Nick Bone's picture
Nick Bone's picture
Nick Bone Friday, 12 Apr 2024 at 3:13pm

//

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 12 Apr 2024 at 3:26pm

I agree ive always thought this IMHO they seem more like a mid strength like 3.5% in taste and how many you can drink, although that said after a big day surfing in the sun i can still get a bit pissy on them.

And the ones you buy in Australia dont taste the same either.

How was your trip and waves?

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Friday, 12 Apr 2024 at 3:38pm

Did you go on Scuzz’s boat Nick?

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 12 Apr 2024 at 5:10pm

IMG-6326

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Friday, 12 Apr 2024 at 5:14pm

^ farkinell, that's like when garuda brought out a class below economy in the 80s (outside toilets).

Sheep go to heaven's picture
Sheep go to heaven's picture
Sheep go to heaven Friday, 12 Apr 2024 at 5:41pm
Supafreak wrote:

IMG-6326

yep , we had a go at the Zero up in Aceh a few years ago when it was all you could get with the ban on alcohol up there - it was shithouse , like a poor mans red bull .

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Friday, 12 Apr 2024 at 5:58pm
basesix wrote:

^ farkinell, that's like when garuda brought out a class below economy in the 80s (outside toilets).

Just drinking it for the taste b6

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Friday, 12 Apr 2024 at 6:01pm

haha, I'd consider drinking it, just so I might get a chance to deliver that line GF

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Friday, 12 Apr 2024 at 6:20pm
basesix wrote:

haha, I'd consider drinking it, just so I might get a chance to deliver that line GF

It would never be worth it I’m sure

Nick Bone's picture
Nick Bone's picture
Nick Bone Monday, 29 Apr 2024 at 10:08am
goofyfoot wrote:

Did you go on Scuzz’s boat Nick?

Wouldn't ever go on anything else. We went the Hog too! It was plenty of boat for our group, which was 10 good mates. We didn't know when we'd be able to do this again as a group so just went premium. Was top notch and well worth it.

Great trip with plenty of fun waves, most of the time with just us or another boat. Surfing 2-3 times a day. Had a couple of days of proper juice which lit up some spots which was nice too. Wouldn't call anyone on the trip and fisherman and wouldn't call it fishing exactly, but we cleaned up in that department too haha.

Could have hunted the premier waves a bit more but we all more about minimizing crowds and just having fun with our group which I reckon will fulfilled the mission brief rather well. The blessing of Morn Pen is that anywhere else is generally better so it's easy to get excited over there.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Monday, 29 Apr 2024 at 10:18am
Nick Bone wrote:

Are bintangs watered down or something? Or have a higher content of water than Aus beer? They claim 4.7% but surely not..

Just did a boat trip and you can smash the beer all day with barely any repercussions, but also doesn't really get that drunk either.

I also felt the bottle of rum and scotch didn't hit the same as home.

Thoughts?

Smaller bottles? 333ml?
Dunno, but I've been pissed on the Binnies before, must be a light weight!