Temu boardies ?

campbell's picture
campbell started the topic in Sunday, 19 Nov 2023 at 12:20pm

Is everybody getting bombed online by a company called Temu?
Had no idea what it was at first , adds for weird looking items . Figured it was spam.
I haven't bought a brand name pair boardies for years($90 for boardies....) other than big sales or more often rip offs in Bali markets.
Long story short the other half who does a bit of online shopping got me a pair of $14 Temu boardies to see how they are ( more a a joke than anything)
Surprisingly they are great! fit well, comfortable ,good quality drawstring design which stay on in the surf( I did have to cut out the weird mesh built in undies like soccer shorts have).
Still don't know what a Temu is but it is going to give surf brands a run for their money in the near future I reckon .

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Monday, 20 Nov 2023 at 10:17am

"Temu is an online marketplace based in Boston, Massachusetts and operated by the Irish-based Chinese e-commerce company PDD Holdings. With heavy advertising, it offers heavily discounted goods which are mostly shipped to consumers directly from China."

tiger's picture
tiger's picture
tiger Monday, 20 Nov 2023 at 11:06am

I haven't seen any surf related stuff from them, but plenty of fishing related stuff. Rediculously cheap rod and reel combos, and some good looking lures. Been tempted to buy a few things just to check them out, but haven't pulled the trigger.

Clam's picture
Clam's picture
Clam Monday, 20 Nov 2023 at 1:45pm

Yeah I've been getting them for 6months or more, last week I noticed they sell surfing fins, yes thrusters etc, - after I had been looking at fins online, (targeted ads) Beware of the app, that's the dodgy part of shopping with em

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Monday, 20 Nov 2023 at 2:57pm

Temu is great for certain things.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Monday, 20 Nov 2023 at 4:03pm

Temu is great for supporting sweatshop workers, it’s great for sending AUS $ offshore, it’s great for having taxes and gst not paid and does nothing to contribute to the benefits we get as Aussies. It kills small businesses.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Monday, 20 Nov 2023 at 5:53pm

“ Temu is great for supporting sweatshop workers”

Hope you’re not typing that on an iPhone roadkill? Or any phone or computer for that matter

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Monday, 20 Nov 2023 at 5:59pm
goofyfoot wrote:

“ Temu is great for supporting sweatshop workers”

Hope you’re not typing that on an iPhone roadkill? Or any phone or computer for that matter

I don’t believe Australia has a tablet industry or quality like for like Australian made computers or phones.

I did buy my iPhone from an Australian business, I did buy my home computers and my work computers from a local family computer store tho.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Monday, 20 Nov 2023 at 6:02pm

Ps. I may surf OS made fins, I did buy those fins from my local surf shop…as I do boardies. My fins go in Chris Garret boards…so the local shaper also get my business.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Monday, 20 Nov 2023 at 6:26pm

so I’ll take that as a yes roadkill, sounding very guilty there trying to justify your poor choices in life

nah just stirring you toady the amount of Chinese shit in my house is ridiculous

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Monday, 20 Nov 2023 at 6:31pm
goofyfoot wrote:

so I’ll take that as a yes roadkill, sounding very guilty there trying to justify your poor choices in life

nah just stirring you toady the amount of Chinese shit in my house is ridiculous

No guilt…but I do think all effort should be made to support local made and local sold. Somethings we can’t avoid..but when we can contribute to the economy we should.
Buy local shop local is what we should all do.

adzy_'s picture
adzy_'s picture
adzy_ Thursday, 23 Nov 2023 at 7:16pm

Imagine be the less shady version of dhgate and ioffer if those still exist. Dhgate actually rips off the brands completely and warns you about customs could seize it and you may not get your product (from memory 6 7 years ago).
Wouldn't trust it myself just go kmart it's not bad like it use to be. Pair a boardies $5 to $20 no real difference, longer length chaff bad thou...

Will add, if you want Gucci boardies for $10 go dhgate. Might come in 90 days. Be the only surfer in the line-up with it lol, sight to see. Quicksilver ones about the same, the quality would be questionable.

Very concerning those sites. Temu not so much.