Interesting things too

factotum's picture
factotum started the topic in Thursday, 21 Nov 2019 at 2:21pm

For when one interesting things thread isn't enough.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 10 Jan 2020 at 1:05pm

Good luck with that perspective, dickhead.

You’ve picked the wrong time to preach that Australia’s cohesive society and the concept of mateship is built on nothing more substantial than wearing a flag on Australia Day.

Stick your self hate in your arse. Australia has been united by this fire ....White , Black ....whatever. If there is one positive to come from it all it’s the reassurance that we stick together. No one cares for your continuously divisive bullshit and no one is deceived by your opportunism at this time to try and wedge Australians apart.

Fuck you and your attempt to use the tragedy to create disunity. Blind and misplaced nationalism.....FFS. We rallied as a nation whilst you sit there begging for an opportunity to start up your race wars again.

You are seriously good for fucking nothing.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Friday, 10 Jan 2020 at 3:58pm

Triggered much?

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Friday, 10 Jan 2020 at 4:05pm

"It would have been better if we didn’t need such a dire catalyst for these conversations to occur, but here we are. The only question now is where do we go from here?

Do we recognise that changing a date will do no more good than changing a prime minister if we do not change the nation along with it?

Or do we continue along the path that has for so long brought devastation to Indigenous peoples, and is now bringing devastation to the rest of the nation as well?

Because if we don’t change the nation for the better then the nation, and the world, is gonna keep changing for the worse."

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jan/10/australia-is-built...

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Friday, 10 Jan 2020 at 4:09pm
factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Friday, 10 Jan 2020 at 4:28pm
Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith Friday, 10 Jan 2020 at 7:25pm

Haha Australia has been united by this fire.....White, black... whatever.Haha whatever is.Man I don't have much time to read most of this stuff on here just snippets here and there but the dribble from all ends of the spectrum is outstanding it really is...keep it up I'll stick to posting shit music...

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Saturday, 11 Jan 2020 at 12:05am
ArnoldKMB's picture
ArnoldKMB's picture
ArnoldKMB Saturday, 11 Jan 2020 at 7:12am

Yeah, no. Maybe for a brief period? In any case, this "union" will disappear as soon as everyone starts forgetting about the whole situation which will be in a month or two. And everyone will start to hate each other again if they didn't already.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Saturday, 11 Jan 2020 at 9:49am

If you want to blame Scott Morrison for all Australia's woes, you should wait at least a few years instead of only 9 months in the job.
The things that are impacting us are many many years in the making. Everyone will learn something and everyone can do better.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Saturday, 11 Jan 2020 at 10:04am

Eh? You do realise the Liberals have been in power for almost six and a half years. Scott Morrison has been a member of Cabinet the whole time.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 11 Jan 2020 at 10:22am

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Saturday, 11 Jan 2020 at 7:37pm
Terminal's picture
Terminal's picture
Terminal Saturday, 11 Jan 2020 at 11:15pm

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Sunday, 12 Jan 2020 at 1:15am

Twigged.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Sunday, 12 Jan 2020 at 7:03am

you seem twiggered...

https://m.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 12 Jan 2020 at 7:23am

FFS people get triggered and butt hurt about anything these days.

He could quite easily just not donate anything and nobody would think twice.

Pretty rich whinging about anyone donating money for a good cause.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Sunday, 12 Jan 2020 at 7:41am
factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Sunday, 12 Jan 2020 at 10:25am

Aspirational.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Sunday, 12 Jan 2020 at 10:26am
Eugene Green's picture
Eugene Green's picture
Eugene Green Sunday, 12 Jan 2020 at 12:43pm

Trump will shit it in again and then help daughter Ivanka become the first female prez in 2024.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Sunday, 12 Jan 2020 at 1:13pm

Winning.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Sunday, 12 Jan 2020 at 2:26pm

"Winning."

well someone is, just by the action of all the losing that's going on...

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Sunday, 12 Jan 2020 at 2:34pm

"well someone is, just by the action of all the losing that's going on..."

Absolutely.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 12 Jan 2020 at 2:52pm

Not sure why Facto is backing Bernie when he is such a racist ?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Sunday, 12 Jan 2020 at 3:01pm

"Trump will shit it in again and then help daughter Ivanka become the first female prez in 2024."

this seemed a ridiculous proposition three years ago when it was getting thrown around a bit, the ivanka bit that is, well the whole bit actually, but now not so much...

sadly I think bernie missed his opportunity

if he survives the left's propensity to eat it's own, this time, he is going to be proposing a pretty radical overhaul of just about everything, up against a backdrop of a now booming economy (if it holds.. )

I can't see many people taking a risk on that. combined with the neoliberal left voting for self interest, I just cannot see him getting the numbers

I can't really see anyone getting the numbers actually. every main candidate has a big block of 'haters' that's going to vote against them for a heap of reasons not matter what. bloomberg, biden, bernie, warren

biden is so compromised I cannot even believe he's still there, and trump would eat him up, big time, it'd be nothing short of cruel to put the old codger into that bear pit. bloomberg could take on trump, but there's a shitload of voters who'd be morally opposed to voting for a neoliberal billionaire. bernie would eat trump up, but self interest will win out. warren could possibly cobble a coalition together, to get the numbers, because she'll get the hilary mourner's vote, but trump would make a mockery of 'pochahontas' and her holey policy agenda

all that aside, the dems collectively are in such a dismal state, they probably will still be haplessly soul searching in five years time, and ivanka will get the gig by default (again), short of any major catastrophe....

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 12 Jan 2020 at 3:13pm

Actually, there’s not much about Sander’s policies which Facto hasn’t belittled people for supporting when it was expressed as their opinion.

So , whilst I fully endorse Sanders, it’s very strange that so does our resident shitcunt.

Then again , as long as we all get there in the end it’s all good !

It’s a shame that Bernie is so old.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 12 Jan 2020 at 3:14pm

God i hope trump does gets reelected world politics is just so much more interesting with him around.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Sunday, 12 Jan 2020 at 3:28pm

"I'm not that politically savvy, but..."

- Scuzzy D.

The end.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Sunday, 12 Jan 2020 at 3:24pm

Strawman of the year award...and it's only January, Blowie!

And if you're gonna even try and equate Sanders and your personal 'l'amour de ma vie' Pauline Hanson...AGAIN...well...?

What's that term again?

Pissing up a rope.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Sunday, 12 Jan 2020 at 3:27pm

And Curls, TL:DR*...AGAIN.

*totes lightweight; dry retch.

"I'm not that politically savvy, but..." is the SN Stooges mantra?!

Who'd a thunk it??

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 12 Jan 2020 at 3:32pm

I know you’re a stupid cunt who only thinks that which others tell him to think , Facto.

What are Bernie’s policies on immigration and China ?

Answer.....they’re exactly the same as the opinions you’ve been desperately trying your little heart out to smear myself about.

Facto= The dumbest man in whichever state he’s standing in.

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Sunday, 12 Jan 2020 at 3:36pm

"man". That's a big call.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 12 Jan 2020 at 3:41pm

Facto hasn’t told us his preferred pronouns yet , so I’m just guessing.

He’s not smart enough to be female , but not enough substance to be a man.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Sunday, 12 Jan 2020 at 3:53pm

See kids, this is what casual misgyny smells like.

And just general, bog standard, piss weak dumb.

And welcome to the team, Shemp.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 12 Jan 2020 at 3:57pm

Casual misogyny.....a few days ago you were high fiving Zenagain for wearing Elle McPherson’s used undies on his head you sad , virtue signalling fuckstick.

I don’t give a rat’s about Zen’s antics , but the hypocrisy and stupidity on display when you drop your guard needs to be mentioned.

That’s not bog standard dumb....that’s Gold Standard Dumb.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Sunday, 12 Jan 2020 at 4:24pm

you described facto...

I think this is actualy him

or they

https://www.theguardian.com/profile/owen-jones

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Sunday, 12 Jan 2020 at 4:52pm

Hardly an antic Blowy, i like to think of it more like a window of opportunity left slightly ajar.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 12 Jan 2020 at 5:58pm

Zen ...no judgement from me. Elle worked that thing forever ....she still is . She has to realise that it might not always work exclusively in her favour .

I’m just loving the hypocrisy from our resident self- elected moral authority.

Fucker is perpetually walking around as though his shit doesn’t stink whilst simultaneously playing the whole “ unhinged societal rebel” card .

The dumb cunt parodies himself better than anyone else who cares enough to give a fuck.

Terminal's picture
Terminal's picture
Terminal Sunday, 12 Jan 2020 at 9:26pm

I agree ID, war is a blast

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 12 Jan 2020 at 10:51pm

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Sunday, 12 Jan 2020 at 11:49pm

Come on kids in the back seat behave.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Monday, 13 Jan 2020 at 12:59am

Strawman. Do you even care, let alone know, what it means, Blowie?

Fark, just had a session with a bonafide legend, a bloke relating finding and naming spots around these parts...and then coming on here and reading kook bleats?!

Why??

Hmmm, now there's some personal psychological stuff to work on...or what?

Call it a new years resolution.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Monday, 13 Jan 2020 at 12:37am

And this is me posting pissed!

How kooked are your excuses for incoherent abuse and dumbness, Blowie, me old chum?

East coast lightweight?

At best.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Monday, 13 Jan 2020 at 1:01am

Yeah, nah.

Just a bog-standard weirdo. In a creepy stylee.

Yikes!

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 13 Jan 2020 at 8:19am

Interesting most people when pissed are more abusive and notch it up a much higher level, but the only change i can see in the way you express yourself is you are a tad more authentic, you actually gave us a slight insight into yourself, i got more out of that post about you than i have in about 50 post.

Maybe this whole meme, excessive sharing of links, attack/abuse, lack of own opinion, lack of sharing experience/story etc is actually a protective mechanism.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Monday, 13 Jan 2020 at 11:46am

Interesting theory, Dr Fill. About as interesting and thus believable as any of your other erm, theories.

Here's another...

Maybe instead of being a sad, bitter, and twisted alco, and posting accordingly (like some), I, being a happy drinker and being slightly toasted, buoyed by good conversation and people, y'know, in the real world, then came on here to see?? Yep, same old, same old. But of course.

What was I expecting??

And in that moment the shtuff from the 24/7 stooged brigade (AND WHY IS THAT, doc? 24 friggin' 7! No, don't answer...please!), well, it wasn't even unintentionally funny anymore.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Monday, 13 Jan 2020 at 11:53am

And posts disappearing, smart arsed, yes, but innocuous, well, in language use (again compared to some), well that's pretty cool, though! Yeah?

I dunno, surfing itself seems enough of a waste of time.

Maybe.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 13 Jan 2020 at 11:54am

Well , how about this , Facto ?

You’re the only person who comes on here and uses discussions as an excuse to insult people. Rather than getting frustrated at people during a discussion and devolving into insult, you actually use the discussion as a justification for personal attacks.

And more often than not you don’t even bother with that , you just wade in and slag away without giving any thought to the conversation beyond how you can use it to frame your insults.

Perhaps you should ponder the psychological implications of that ?

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Monday, 13 Jan 2020 at 12:38pm

If only that was true over the entire journey...BUT that ain't the truth, is it?

A point made over and over and over again: all the shtuff posted on here is just a google away.

Unless you've truly got a goldfish memory, it ain't that hard.

Anyway, all the time on your hands, and when not surfing, thought about giving uni a go?

Serious. Seen it before. Seen the positive results. Hard work but worthy. And more oldsters there is healthy. Get in quick before universities as we know them are destroyed (well, if we keep voting in Lib governments).

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 13 Jan 2020 at 12:50pm

I have considered it amongst other future plans. I’m definitely ready for the next chapter.

3 days ago was third anniversary for quitting work.

Unfortunately, most degrees that I’d consider don’t lead to the engaging outdoorsy careers I first imagine. They mostly consist of feeding data points into a computer model from some office. Or entering into a stifling bureaucracy. Or relocating to a city.

I’ve got an idea for a website. Anyone clued up on the process ? I was thinking along the lines of suggesting my idea and then going surfing, whilst my partner developed it. They’d occasionally show me their work and I’d okay / pooh pooh their work to date .

Who’s keen?