Next Federal Election

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno started the topic in Monday, 22 Jan 2024 at 2:15pm

Might as well put this up in the politics subforum, to spare the front page. It's 18 months away or so, but here we go.

This is how Dutton wins:

https://www.afr.com/politics/enter-the-liberal-party-working-class-heroe...

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Saturday, 17 Feb 2024 at 8:32pm

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Sunday, 18 Feb 2024 at 8:18am

LOL

Thanks TBB that was so much fun 2 watch .

So it was a TB foot in mouth slip .

She couldn't resist the obvious BALD HEAD and thought it would be hilarious .

Everyone thought it , BUT TB had to SAY it lol !!!

Silly , girl !

That's a fools trap 2 fall into and I bet she regrets it NOW .

Too fn late haha lol .

And u are STILL using the nice name , so fn funny .

Poor Albo having to apologise 4 this :)

Such a positive start lol !!!

Lucky for Albo , things have improved and his whole team are working together now and doing a great job fighting a Harry Potter villain .

Gosh , only in Australia .

Fn things NEED 2 change .

Time 2 get fn serious ALL politicians !!!

STOP mucking around and DO the jobs we are Electing U 2 fn DO !!!

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Sunday, 18 Feb 2024 at 3:24pm

Reckon Voldemort should be more upset having Dutton compered to him....

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Sunday, 18 Feb 2024 at 6:57pm

Ok , there must be something poor Old Pete has done 2 upset U all .

We have worked out that he didn't deal dugs and making money selling Childcare Centres, 2 fast Eddie Groves , was not 2 Unclean .

That he is not Killing our Constitution , single handed haha .

He must have overseen the Pink Batts Fiasco as a Minister .

Or maybe threaten to ban surfing at night , Volty stuff haha .

Something 2 make U want 2 burn him at the Stake !

Stick a peg in his heart haha lol .

Vampire worship will be next lol !

Only in Australia , or maybe the US , around Salem ffs !!!

Common SN , give me ANY reason or thing , other than he has has a shaved head , that he has f....d UP ???

I said this would be fun , but it's boring standing up for what seems , is Perfect Pete !

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Sunday, 18 Feb 2024 at 6:59pm

Perfect Pete!
You should get on payroll of lnp... Kind of catchy.. ;)

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Sunday, 18 Feb 2024 at 7:52pm

Hey Andy - I don't really know any polly that's alive .

So I don't like them :) and would hate 2 work for1 lol !

Duttons mettle has not really been tested so is definitely no Brocky driving around Mt Panorama !

Has has had all the Big Ministries but being a Leader of a Nation is a totally different kettle of fish .

Was a big part of the Triumvirate that stopped the boats .

He has some time to sit back and let Albo do his thing , he should not be in a hurry to see if HIS Policies , that He will bring to an Election table , skink or swim .

I have seen Keating BLOW up Hewy with one question .

Peter WILL be tested as a Leader , as all Great Leaders are .

I always judge a persons character when under Extreme Pressure .

Lets see if he is Peter Popped It or Perfect Pete .

The jury is out and will not hear HIS arguments for quite a while .

He is letting the Judge listen to Albo , to still state his case for reelection .

How is he going , SN ?

Voldy can't put a spell on Albo , to call an election .

Why would he want 2 , atm ???

Albo has the LOVE spell on him anyway .

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Monday, 26 Feb 2024 at 1:52pm

Just voted in the Dunkley by election and comrades as they say down at Trades Hall vote early vote often!

Beagle's picture
Beagle's picture
Beagle Monday, 26 Feb 2024 at 3:25pm

Who's keen for a nuclear reactor at Anglesea on the Surf Coast? Nobody??
Seems like Dutton is. Sure to be a vote winner in Corangamite

seaslug's picture
seaslug's picture
seaslug Monday, 26 Feb 2024 at 3:44pm

Nuclear doesn't get through the first gate but it should do. It needs to be discussed logically, just as clearing swathes of bush and turning fertile farming land into wind and solar farms has a massive impact on the environment. Just bear in mind, we also need a lot of fucking big batteries Australia wide.

old-dog's picture
old-dog's picture
old-dog Monday, 26 Feb 2024 at 3:53pm

Is it just me or was Albo bopping away at the Taylor Swift concert the most tragic, desperate thing I've seen from a P.M. since John Howard playing cricket.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Monday, 26 Feb 2024 at 3:58pm
Beagle wrote:

Who's keen for a nuclear reactor at Anglesea on the Surf Coast? Nobody??
Seems like Dutton is. Sure to be a vote winner in Corangamite

Love to know your source of information there beagle, there is no chance in that getting up for two reasons namely the green nature of voters in the area and its home to @viclocal (bless his salty eyebrows) and there is no way he would allow it!!

Beagle's picture
Beagle's picture
Beagle Monday, 26 Feb 2024 at 5:41pm
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Monday, 26 Feb 2024 at 5:45pm
old-dog wrote:

Is it just me or was Albo bopping away at the Taylor Swift concert the most tragic, desperate thing I've seen from a P.M. since John Howard playing cricket.

Why pick out Albo?,you are aware that Scumo was there as well and he was singing into the camera, - you have to hand to him no shame there

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Monday, 26 Feb 2024 at 5:41pm
Beagle wrote:

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/victoria/the-victorian-towns-where-pe...

Well that’s locked in Labor for the next couple of hundred years down the GOR, cheers

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Monday, 26 Feb 2024 at 5:46pm
seaslug wrote:

Nuclear doesn't get through the first gate but it should do. It needs to be discussed logically, just as clearing swathes of bush and turning fertile farming land into wind and solar farms has a massive impact on the environment. Just bear in mind, we also need a lot of fucking big batteries Australia wide.

SeaSlug. Hi, all valid points except the first line.

Pick the odd one out !!!!. Nuclear

All of the options except Nuclear, yes I agree the installation of the aforementioned create initial damage, but those types of power have one thing in common, we can recycle and reuse any waste .

Nuclear, I always ask the question. Where will the waste end up ?

We know the half life of radioactive waste let alone its whole life, we simply cannot leave the next generations of people and all the biological organisms on earth to deal with it, it’s deadly.

Or are we just going to continue to pass the buck !!.AW

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Monday, 26 Feb 2024 at 7:58pm

fkn lol. Andrew Forrest the billionaire climate activist miner! the tax dodging resource super profits tax cynic, PM destroyer, co-conspirator behind the carbon price fear, proponent of water intensive energy and cost inefficient "Green Hydrogen" attacks Nuclear.

No conflict of interest there at all. Nope.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Monday, 26 Feb 2024 at 8:03pm
bonza wrote:

fkn lol. Andrew Forrest the billionaire climate activist miner! the tax dodging resource super profits tax cynic, PM destroyer, co-conspirator behind the carbon price fear, proponent of water intensive energy and cost inefficient "Green Hydrogen" attacks Nuclear.

No conflict of interest there at all. Nope.

Yep beautifully put and all but he has the alternative pegged

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Monday, 26 Feb 2024 at 8:06pm
old-dog wrote:

Just you.... ;)

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Monday, 26 Feb 2024 at 8:18pm

Australia's population will reach almost 39 million by 2060 and we can’t even get an offshore wind farm supported by one of our greatest environmental hero’s. Let alone property dwellers vested interests on the nsw south coast. Nuclear is part of the solution. It’s forrest and his band of supporters who oppose it who are getting in the way.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Monday, 26 Feb 2024 at 8:41pm
bonza wrote:

Australia's population will reach almost 39 million by 2060 and we can’t even get an offshore wind farm supported by one of our greatest environmental hero’s. Let alone property dwellers vested interests on the nsw south coast. Nuclear is part of the solution. It’s forrest and his band of supporters who oppose it who are getting in the way.

Where do you live?
Let's put the station and waste there ey? Good with you? The waste is only dangerous for mmm how long?
Never mind being a target for terrorism?
Nuclear, yeah nah won't happen, not even economically feasible.
Hope lnp go hard with it...
But Barnaby and his fellow travellers would disagree, but he the family man who shags his staffer and is at times a hopeless drunk is worth listening to.

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Monday, 26 Feb 2024 at 8:51pm

Where do you live? Would you agree to power station infrastructure crisscrossing your property and landscape. Land clearing important biodiversity habitat, adding potential risk to an already fire prone landscape?

I’ll take the reactor any day next to my house. Coz it’s safe, small and effective.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Monday, 26 Feb 2024 at 8:55pm
bonza wrote:

Where do you live? Would you agree to power station infrastructure crisscrossing your property and landscape. Land clearing important biodiversity habitat, adding potential risk to an already fire prone landscape?

I’ll take the reactor any day next to my house. Coz it’s safe, small and effective.

Na I'll just got solar and battery and go off grid....
Safe small and effective....
Cheap also I heard.

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Monday, 26 Feb 2024 at 9:03pm

That’s great Andy . You obviously own your home and have the opportunity to make those privileged decisions, what’s your plan for the rest of the country who don’t own their own homes?

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Monday, 26 Feb 2024 at 9:15pm
bonza wrote:
That’s great Andy . You obviously own your home and have the opportunity to make those privileged decisions, what’s your plan for the rest of the country who don’t own their own homes?[/quote

Who says renewables cannot do what nuclear can do.
From my understanding they will be cheaper and more efficient as technology continues to improve. So for the people who are not so lucky, at least their power bills will be significantly cheaper with renewables than some pie in the sky pipe dream of nuclear reactors.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/australia-news/2023/nov...

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Monday, 26 Feb 2024 at 9:23pm

Original post deleted
If you want to know what bonza is really like and what he stands for check out his comments on the Israeli war

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Monday, 26 Feb 2024 at 9:20pm

Haha. Thanks guy. Love you too mate. Sleep tight. Don’t dream of me.

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Monday, 26 Feb 2024 at 9:32pm

lol. Why delete it guy? Own it mate. It’s cute I love it. Geez you have a weird way of saying sorry. Just like you did on that last thread last time I schooled you?

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Monday, 26 Feb 2024 at 9:33pm

.dbl tap

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Monday, 26 Feb 2024 at 9:42pm

Bonza, why delete? Because your own words speak for themselves and go directly to the person you really are.

Slackjawedyokel's picture
Slackjawedyokel's picture
Slackjawedyokel Monday, 26 Feb 2024 at 10:50pm

Nuclear is the only option. Personal wind and solar sounds great in theory but a couple of days of cloud cover will find your freezer defrosted and food ruined. That’s on top of everything else failing. It’s a hoax.
Nuclear is the only answer if you’ve truly swallowed the climate change rubbish.
Getting rid of nuclear waste…pffft? Where the phuck do you think uranium comes from in the first place. Just bury the waste somewhere in the dead heart of Australia where no one goes and nothing lives that’s going to be effected by waste buried fifty metres underground.
If you don’t think places like that exist you really need to get off your arese and travel Australia.
Wind and solar have a huge place in our future but not in their current iterations. Too much collateral environmental destruction. Too inefficient. Too much maintenance and high turnover. Far , far too much dependence on China.
Solar and wind with battery dependence are a false dawn.

Andrew Forrest…lololol.
Hey Andrew….how do we transform your iron ore into steel without burning coking coal ? Yeah, that’s right…crickets. Back in your hole cvnt.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Tuesday, 27 Feb 2024 at 5:55am

Just get solar on….Then when it’s all passed, disconnect a few of the panels and reconnect them to a charge controller. Leave the rest feeding the grid.
The charge controller charges your home made battery bank and there are some good batteries available for several hundred bucks each …..even lithium….that will cost around $1000 all up.
Connect your battery bank to some big caravan inverters ( cheap now) and run a seperate cable system around the house in a coloured cable so not to be confused with the regular wiring.
Then you have yourself an oversized off grid motorhome system and use that mostly while getting paid by the grid for the rest of the panels. If it’s raining too long use grid power.
Add a wind turbine too if you like….some nice ones cheap now..I had an air X but they are expensive.
Clean burning LPG for your cooking ( soon to be bio LPG) and the rest of your appliances off the battery system…easy.
As young bush surfers, we used to connect our country cabins to the car via jumper leads of an evening after driving around all day.
I don’t know why we don’t have a modern version of connecting your car to the grid of an evening or when your home with a nice garage plug to feed the grid with a dual battery car system…..millions of cars feeding the grid every day would fix the whole problem.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Tuesday, 27 Feb 2024 at 6:48am

Fark times have changed ...
Surfers on a surf website pushing nuclear power.
Go for it boys, just don't put the waste or station near me. And uranium is not the same thing as the byproduct of nuclear power, actually a lot more dangerous. Who would have thought??

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Tuesday, 27 Feb 2024 at 7:00am

Ah well, Dutton with help if msm, Advance etc will probably be next PM. Let's see if they start pushing nuclear if they are actually in power, not just another diversion wrecking tactic.
Poor fella my country.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2024/feb/27/guardian-essentia...

gsco mkII's picture
gsco mkII's picture
gsco mkII Tuesday, 27 Feb 2024 at 7:40am

^ Dutton and the LNP will be the next government simply because the ALP has betrayed and abandoned in myriad ways the very working class Australian masses it's meant to represent, and it's now up to the LNP to actually represent the Australian people.

And btw the fallacy of the renewables industry is it's one of the rawest displays of wild west capitalism run by evil corporations of them all, an industry that has no regard for its actual environmental footprint but only for profit and government handouts.

Nuclear is part of the solution and a lot of countries are already reaping the benefits of it.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Tuesday, 27 Feb 2024 at 7:42am
gsco mkII wrote:

^ Dutton and the LNP will be the next government simply because the ALP has betrayed and abandoned in myriad ways the very working class Australian masses it's meant to represent, and it's now up to the LNP to actually represent the Australian people.

And btw the fallacy of the renewables industry is it's one of the rawest displays of wild west capitalism run by evil corporations of them all, an industry that has no regard for its actual environmental footprint but only for profit and government handouts.

Nuclear is part of the solution and a lot of countries are already reaping the benefits of it.

If ya reckon lnp are going to look after the working class, I've got a bridge for sale....

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Tuesday, 27 Feb 2024 at 8:36am

I think it is so cool the Dutton is willing to Nuclear the Energy debate .

Good work sniffing that out Beagle .

Telling Anglesea to get a Reactor is like Texas sending Illegal Immigrants to NYC .

A Political Masterstroke imho .

Remind Everyone , what REALITY is really fn like .

Our Electricity prices are going through the roof .

700000 NEW people came 2 live here last year .

Our Country was BUILT on Cheap electricity .

The current solution is to build Wind Mills , solar panel ( No BIG Batteries ) and hope Twiggy save the fn day lol haha .

Get real everyone , Everything should be on the Table to STOP our Electricity prices going up .

That's what Working Class people want and WILL vote for .

Gee , he just might be , Perfect Pete !

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Tuesday, 27 Feb 2024 at 8:51am

I think it is so cool that Dutton is willing to Nuclear the Energy debate .

Good work sniffing that out Beagle .

Telling Anglesea to get a Reactor is like Texas sending Illegal Immigrants to NYC .

A Political Masterstroke imho .

Remind Everyone , what REALITY is really fn like .

Our Electricity prices are going through the roof .

700000 NEW people came 2 live here last year .

Our Country was BUILT on Cheap electricity .

The current solution is to build Wind Mills , solar panels ( No BIG Batteries ) and hope Twiggy saves the fn day lol haha .

What could fn go wrong ?

Get real everyone , Everything should be on the Table to STOP our Electricity prices going up .

That's what Working Class people want and WILL vote for .

Gee , he just might be , Perfect Pete !

Coal , Gas , Oil and Nuclear Electricity production has just become safer and more Green , over the last 50 years .

China is using ALL these and even building NEW Coal Fired Power Stations !

To Slow CO2 production , the Solution is 2 STOP those and Rebuild a NEW Electrical Power Grid .

FFS , those numbers don't all add up to this OLD stupid Fart .

I reckon it would INCREASE our use of CO2 , in the END .

I MUST be wrong , again !!!

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Tuesday, 27 Feb 2024 at 9:06am
Pop Down wrote:

Right on, Fonzie.

I'm no fanboi for Twiggy but he's correct in saying the LNP and Dutton - ayyyyyyyy - are using nuclear as a diversionary tactic. Howard commissioned a report in 2006, which wasn't very flattering to nuclear saying they'd be more expensive than fossil fuels, require significant subsidies, and meet local resistance, and since then every LNP leader has also been cool like Arthur Fonzarelli on nuclear - Scomo even said it was totally off the table just a year or so ago. Not a peep out of anyone then.

Dutton is playing politics and if you believe him...well, you're being played too.

Green hydrogen is the end game for intensive renewable energy, and it's what Forrest has in mind for Australian steel making to replace metallurgical coal. He wasn't showing altruism in that press club conference - shock horror - cos he has his fingers in every link of green hydro's causal chain: renewable projects on the east and west coast's, land abutting said projects and also land abutting our only steelworks, and investment in the Pilbara green hydro export project too.

Forrest has found a new home for his megalomania, but that said, he's got a good track record for making shit happen.

Anyone thought about where the nuclear power plants would go? On the coast (for water use), near urban centres (for staffing and power distribution). Howard's task force recommended 25 power plants (France, with the most per capita, has 53 reactors). There are some places that may seem obvious: Port Pirie and NW WA for example, but I reckon even there we'd see significant opposition.

It's easy to say nuclear on paper, but considering the locations is another story. Then there's also the ten years+ lead time - which is another reason it's easy for Dutton to give nuclear the thumbs up. Hypothetically speaking, if it gets the green light it'll be someone else's problem.

In football they call it a hospital pass, in politics they call it a clever ruse, on forums they call it cool.

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Tuesday, 27 Feb 2024 at 9:32am

Hey Stu

I really don't think Perfectly Pete , or the people of his electorate , think Anglesea should have a little reactor sitting next to Winki , in case it popped .

I certainly don't lol .

It's a Political Ruse , just like sending Immigrants to NYC , as I said .

Remind them they have a nuclear option and maybe Gas , then sounds and smells , palatable haha .

Last number I heard , China were building 200 Coal Power Stations , that have a 50 year life .

Down here in Victoria , we will NEVER build Nuclear Electricity , in my lifetime .

The numbers don't add up ( electorally ) .

So , I think we need more Gas .

What do U think ?

Other Regional Town have Natural Gas Electricity , a few have hydro and some use some coal .

None can use just renewables , as those NUMBERS don't add up , as they just put our fn Electricity Prices UP !!!

And my Fonzie guess is Twiggy will only loose a little bit of his money ( lots stashed in safe places ) , checking out Hydrogen , although it does sound cool :).

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Tuesday, 27 Feb 2024 at 9:31am

China's also leading the way with green hydro, if the numbers out of there can be believed.

Our energy future will be a mix of energy sources and if the transition process ever finds an equilibrium then I'm really not too sure what it will be. All I know now is that the transition is happening, we're living it, and fuckwits like Spud Dutton are making hay on the uncertainty that comes with change.

He's the Milli Vanilli of parliament house, miming the words to a fairytale solution.

What he says is 100% politics, 0% national interest.

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Tuesday, 27 Feb 2024 at 9:48am

Our transition to the use of other Energy sources is Out Of Control imho , Stu .

I think U are saying , just do more of the same ?

Our Electricity Bills are really holding Australia back and causing our Cost of Living to skyrocket .

Australia is loosing its competitiveness every day .

What are we DOING NOW to address this urgent issue ?

A Royal Commission into Electricity costs should be held NOW .

All these things are of Extreme National Interest .

Even if a ruse , Dutton , has lead 2 our discussion Stu .

I have noted SN all hates Pete , that's why I started closely looking at him lol .

Not ONE of the many people I have debated have pointed out one Pink Batts type f up !

I love that U all think he has NO chance and NFI .

That he is some Fairytail Character out of Happy Potter , a Minnie Vanilla lol .

Voldemort might prove ALL u wrong .

The people , the working class all will listen to him and Albo , debate before the next election .

I remember when everyone said the same about Trump .

He became a President and even he , didn't think it was possible .

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Tuesday, 27 Feb 2024 at 9:49am
stunet wrote:
Pop Down wrote:

Right on, Fonzie.

I'm no fanboi for Twiggy but he's correct in saying the LNP and Dutton - ayyyyyyyy - are using nuclear as a diversionary tactic. Howard commissioned a report in 2006, which wasn't very flattering to nuclear saying they'd be more expensive than fossil fuels, require significant subsidies, and meet local resistance, and since then every LNP leader has also been cool like Arthur Fonzarelli on nuclear - Scomo even said it was totally off the table just a year or so ago. Not a peep out of anyone then.

Dutton is playing politics and if you believe him...well, you're being played too.

Green hydrogen is the end game for intensive renewable energy, and it's what Forrest has in mind for Australian steel making to replace metallurgical coal. He wasn't showing altruism in that press club conference - shock horror - cos he has his fingers in every link of green hydro's causal chain: renewable projects on the east and west coast's, land abutting said projects and also land abutting our only steelworks, and investment in the Pilbara green hydro export project too.

Forrest has found a new home for his megalomania, but that said, he's got a good track record for making shit happen.

Anyone thought about where the nuclear power plants would go? On the coast (for water use), near urban centres (for staffing and power distribution). Howard's task force recommended 25 power plants (France, with the most per capita, has 53 reactors). There are some places that may seem obvious: Port Pirie and NW WA for example, but I reckon even there we'd see significant opposition.

It's easy to say nuclear on paper, but considering the locations is another story. Then there's also the ten years+ lead time - which is another reason it's easy for Dutton to give nuclear the thumbs up. Hypothetically speaking, if it gets the green light it'll be someone else's problem.

In football they call it a hospital pass, in politics they call it a clever ruse, on forums they call it cool.

Ah come on, stop talking sense!
If LNP win election the whole Nuclear thing will be dropped and the news cycle will move on and it will be forgotten.
It's the MO of LNP, create a diversion, create a strawman enemy, and build the momentum of creating doubt in the electorate with help of shock jocks and media.
Children overboard.
WMD
Black gangs.
Muzzies.
Boats (never worry about planes).
Carbon tax.
Coming for ya utes.
Wipe out Whyalla.
$100 roasts.
And the list goes on. Unfortunately, people buy into this nonsense.
FFS, the latest poll shows Albo losing ground due to re-jigging the tax system that will benefit the vast majority of Australians.
Cannot trust Albo, but ya can still wheel out honest Johnny as an LNP elder who never told a fib in his life.
Labor have been very disappointing in many regards, but Dutton as PM. Fark me.

A Salty Dog's picture
A Salty Dog's picture
A Salty Dog Tuesday, 27 Feb 2024 at 9:50am

Hi Pop!

There is a wealth of information out there on electricity pricing.

Just remember the Retail Price is not necessarily related to the Wholesale Price.

Look at these sites for some info.

https://www.aer.gov.au/industry/wholesale/charts

https://www.aer.gov.au/news/articles/news-releases/average-wholesale-ene...

https://aemo.com.au/newsroom/media-release/east-coast-wholesale-electric...

https://www.leadingedgeenergy.com.au/news/electricity-market-review-latest/

Maybe you could hunt around for a better deal.

Cheers

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Tuesday, 27 Feb 2024 at 9:55am
Pop Down wrote:

A Royal Commission into Electricity costs should be held NOW .

Should it? Ten years ago COAG commissioned a report by Dr Alan Finkel titled the 'Independent Review into the Future Security of the National Electricity Market'.

It looked at four outcomes:
increased security
future reliability
rewarding consumers
lower emissions.

Based on three key pillars:

an orderly transition
system planning
stronger governance.

Five minutes after it was released, the report was rejected outright by Prime Minister Tony Abbott who admitted he never read it.

Cool...

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Tuesday, 27 Feb 2024 at 10:09am

That was the past and Dutton is playing politics now , think Trump .

Dr Finkle , a name I had forgotten .

Tony did ask COAG to review our Transition of Energy .

The Good Doctor was appointed to head it , I think .

Came up with a half baked Plan that Looks Remarkably similar the the fn Mess we have today and U have not , disagreed with .

This discussing was had on other threads just recently and didn't see U there .

Most on Swellnet , agree , our Energy Costs , just going up , are hurting Australia badly .

Abbott ( doing well at Fox :) and his Ministry . might have been a dickheads to reject the Plan as the Greens did have a powerful Green political bent .

But the outcomes they were probably worried about HAVE, eventuated .

I still think we need to CHANGE what we are doing and have a Royal Commission as it holds much more weight than a fn COAG report ffs .

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Tuesday, 27 Feb 2024 at 10:09am
Pop Down wrote:

That was the past and Dutton is playing politics now , think Trump .

Dr Finkle , a name I had forgotten .

Tony did ask COAG to review our Transition of Energy .

The Good Doctor was appointed to head it , I think .

Came up with a half baked Plan that Looks Remarkably similar the the fn Mess we have today and U have not , disagreed with .

This discussing was had on other threads just recently and didn't see U there .

Most on Swellnet , agree , our Energy Costs , just going up , are hurting Australia badly .

Abbott and his Ministry . might have been a dickheads to reject the Plan as the Greens did have a powerful Green political bent .

Not sure what position you think I'm taking?

I agree our prices are going up, and I agree people are hurting.

My take is that Spud's posturing is exactly that. It will have no bearing on the two things just mentioned but simply waste more time in its diversionary scheming.

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Tuesday, 27 Feb 2024 at 10:21am

Either am I Stu .

How can be discussing our Energy future , be a waste of time ?

A Diversion from WHAT ?

Doing MORE of what we are doing will NOT work imho .

Duttons job is to win a political election .

I asked U one question , should we Build a Natural Gas Station in Anglesea that will work 24/7 !

Thats one solution and a start .

Melbourne has 75% of Vic's population .

We are now no longer able to guarantee our own electricity supply .

We need our Regional Centres to start to look after themselves .

Build good , strong , cheapened reliable Energy sources for themselves .

Melbourne is hurting very badly , we need support and can take no more .

They ARE willing to help , I know , as I speak to them .

Anglesea and our whole Western Region , needs to start attracting MORE people and business with Cheap Energy .

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Tuesday, 27 Feb 2024 at 10:18am
Pop Down wrote:

Either am I Stu .

How can be discussing our Energy future , be a waste of time ?

A Diversion from WHAT ?

Doing MORE of what we are doing will NOT work imho .

Duttons job is to win a political election .

I asked U one question , should we Build a Natural Gas Station in Anglesea that will work 24/7 !

Thats one solution and a start .

Are you serious, mate?

Now I just feel like your aim is to waste my time too.

I'm out...