Swellnet "LIVE"

Sakurzbock's picture
Sakurzbock started the topic in Monday, 22 Apr 2024 at 3:29pm

After all these years thinking Swellnet was "LIVE", I was watching an ironman competition at Maroochydore on the weekend. Thought I'd go on Swellnet to see how much the live TV broadcast was delayed. To my shock, Swellnet "LIVE" was about 15 seconds behind the TV?! What the?! WHY! I can watch replays on all cams now, so please explain. At the end of the day, if you want to do a live nude streak for all of Australia to see, don't go to the footy, go to an ironman broadcast. I'm sure the security would be lax if not existing. LOL! Buzzy.

Sakurzbock's picture
Sakurzbock's picture
Sakurzbock Monday, 22 Apr 2024 at 3:42pm

P.S. That's Steve Buzzy Kurzbock, not Burton Buzzy Kerbox.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Monday, 22 Apr 2024 at 3:50pm

A few factors affect the delay (won't bore you with technical specifics), however it's common for most online broadcasts. For example, try listening the ABC radio via the usual way, then switch over to the ABC Listen App, and it's about 15 seconds behind.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Monday, 22 Apr 2024 at 4:44pm

So you're telling me i can catch a wave, run to the car, turn on the cam and watch myself surf?

Genius

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Monday, 22 Apr 2024 at 4:52pm

Or you could take your time and watch it at your leisure (within the next 5 days) via the Replays.

Sakurzbock's picture
Sakurzbock's picture
Sakurzbock Monday, 22 Apr 2024 at 7:15pm

If you want to wave at a camera at a good spot like D Bar or Coffs harbour, you have 15 seconds to get ready to take a screen shot. Excellent opportunity for mooning a camera. LOL!

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 23 Apr 2024 at 8:37am
thermalben wrote:

Or you could take your time and watch it at your leisure (within the next 5 days) via the Replays.

More fun the other way

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Tuesday, 23 Apr 2024 at 8:48am
burleigh wrote:
thermalben wrote:

More fun the other way

True dat